What’s New in Our Agency
Paige & Byrnes has been located in Warren, Ohio since 1921. For 96 years we have strived to bring our knowledge and experience to our clients. We have officially settled in our new location in Howland. We take great pride in the knowledge and professionalism of our staff.
When you walk in the door you’ll see the same friendly people who have been greeting you and taking care of your insurance needs for years. Our 2018 calendars will be in soon – so stop in, get a tour of our new office and grab a calendar while you’re here. If you have children or grandchildren be sure and pick up one of our adorable pumpkin bags too! We can’t wait to see you and show off our new “home!”
In February we had the opportunity to expand into Mahoning County. We absolutely love Poland and the close community environment. We have been seeing more and more foot traffic over the past couple of months and love our walk-ins! We have a full team there for all your Life, Health, Home, Auto, and Commercial needs.
Don’t forget to check out our Facebook page and leave us a review. Your personal reviews mean more to us than you’ll ever know.
Why are my auto insurance premiums going up – I haven’t had an accident or ticket??
This is a question we get frequently – especially from our good drivers. There are several factors that are increasing auto rates across the board – even for good drivers.
1. The cost of gasoline has gone down – allowing more people to “pick up and go.” This puts more cars on the road which increases the number of accidents. Roads are more congested, there’s more traffic and – more accidents.
2. The cost of repair to newer vehicles has increased. Newer vehicles have more electronic features on them which increases the cost to repair them in the event of an accident. For example – a bumper used to cost about $500 to repair if a car was rear ended. Newer vehicles often have back up cameras and cameras in the rear taillights. If a car with some of these features is rear ended, replacing the bumper and the cameras can drive the cost of repair up to $1800 – $2000 – over a 300% increase in cost to repair.
3. Distracted driving is increasing the number and severity of accidents. Distracted driving causes wrecks that kill eight people and injure over 1,100 more each day in the United States alone. Car crashes are also the number one killer of teenagers between 16-19 years of age. Distracted driving includes texting, phone calls, emails and web browsing.
These changes in cost of gas, electronic features on vehicles and distracted driving are causing large increases in the cost of auto insurance. Many insurance companies are responding to higher loss costs by increasing their rates. However – there may be some things you can do to reduce your auto renewal rates. Call us to discuss your options. Also – check out our Facebook post about Cellcontrol – the world’s leading technology to stop distracted driving for passenger and commercial vehicles.
Have you Protected Your Identity?
With the recent Equifax breach many Americans are concerned about their credit. A total of 143 million individuals were affected in the latest data breach. It is unrealistic to think that you will never be breached.
Data breaches are more common as companies are striving to go green and paper free and using debit. Even my three year old understands that she can spend more money at Target if she uses the target card than if she were to use the cash her grandmother gave her.
There are a number of steps you can take to protect this from happening to you in the future. One of my favorite tips is “Get serious, not scared” Consumer Reports online has a very good article on how to protect yourself and your financial future. To find this article just click here.
ENROLLED IN MEDICARE: MAKING CHANGES TO YOUR MEDICARE COVERAGE
Once you’re enrolled in Original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage plan, you generally only make changes to your coverage during certain times of the year. The ANNUAL ELECTION PERIOD (AEP), which runs from October 15 through December 7, is a good time to make changes to your Medicare health or prescription drug coverage.
Your new coverage will begin January 1 of the following year, as long as the plan gets your enrollment request by December 7.
No matter which options you are leaning toward, it will not hurt nor cost you anything to speak with a Certified Independent Insurance Broker. It is their job to advise and help you find the right plan and health plans never charge you for using a broker.
Don’t ignore the most important resource available to you……us! We are here to consult with you about your Medicare options.
- We are Independent – we represent many great companies.
- We are Knowledgeable.
- We have your best interest in mind.
PLEASE CALL TODAY FOR YOUR NO OBLIGATION, FREE MEDICARE CONSULTATION.
Our 3rd Quarter Recipient
The Trumbull County Historical Society was our 3rd quarter recipient. We are honored to be able to support such a great cause in our 3rd quarter. We were happy to present them with a check for $790.
Here’s how it works- Every time someone you refer to Paige & Byrnes calls for a quote, we’ll give you and the person you refer a $10 gift card. We will also donate $10 to a local charity or non-profit chosen quarterly.
The Trumbull County Historical Society maintains the oldest home on Warren, Ohio. They provide tours of the home to both tourist and residents of the area. In-school classes and field trips are welcome as well. There is also a museum on the premises with over 12,000 pieces in their collection. Follow the link here to find out more about this great cause.