I believe at this point it is obvisous that I enjoy simple recipes that take no time to make and taste amazing. Well, there is nothing difficult about this home made ice cream cake. For me the longest part is unwrapping the sandwiches and waiting for the Cool Whip to de-thaw.
- 1/2 Package of Oreos
- A box of ice cream sandwiches
- Cool whip
- Smash cookies into little pieces ( you could put them into a food processor until finely ground)
- Add cookie bits into a mixing bowl and add your cool whip
- Mix well (this will be your frosting)
- Lay your ice cream sandwiches out on a casserole dish (fill the entire bottom. Some will need to be cut in half)
- Spread a thin layer of frosting on them (it does not have to look perfect… no one will ever know)
- Add another layer of ice cream sandwiches and add the rest of your Cool whip frosting.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with smashed oreos and you are done.
This cake is truly that simple. The amount of cool whip and ice cream sandwiches will depend on how big of a cake you wish to make. Ingredients can very; some use caramel and reeses.
Let me know what you think in the comments below!